Saturday 10 March 2012

Dress your shoes!


Fashion is about dressing from head to toe, it says a lot about the person you are and how you express yourself through your style. It could be anything, your hair, clothes, nails, make-up and SHOES! 

A pair of pink tired shoes of mine were disturbing me just too much. I could not wear them anywhere because of the weary look they were giving. Well.... then I decided to refresh them by dressing them up. I did nothing exceptional to them but I am sure a simple embellishment completely changed the way it looked. 

All what I did was dressing them with satin ribbons. The most fascinating part was that the dressing up took only around ten minutes and twenty bucks! Sounds great girls, doesn't it? 










How did I do it?
It was pretty simple. I got white satin ribbons and made polka dots on it with the help of a black marker pen. I tied it in to a knot and stuck it on the side of my shoes with the help of an adhesive.
  


I just couldn't believe what I saw! Just a satin ribbon completely changed the tired look of my shoes to something totally pretty and cute. 


One can do this to any kind of shoes shoes, even heels. It completely transforms your shoes hence your look and the gaze of your outfit. And the best part is that you can wear them anywhere, to work and for outings. 

7 comments:

  1. Try this girls, it completely rocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vidhi that's something simple to do and looks so cute! Nice blog! Check out my blogs too:
    sau87.blogspot.com
    poemsbysayalee.blogspot.com
    http://purplesandmaroons.blogspot.in (Yet to start writing here)
    Thanks and regards,
    Sayalee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant idea.
    im gonna pick up basic flats and try this. also, there a lot of variety of designs that i could try with the satin ribbons.
    Thanks babe :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Shobita you could also try tying satin ribbons on the heels of your solid hued stilletos or even try sticking embellishments such as sequins and beads to your plain flats and heels..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vidhi! Wow what a cool idea! ... and it looks like you bought it like that. So gonna try it!

    Greetings from Cape Town, South Africa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks so much Samantha :)... Do try it.
    Also, you could visit: http://vidhistylingportfolio.blogspot.in/ to view my work

    ReplyDelete