Thursday 8 March 2012

Contemporary Retro Look

It was my first cousins wedding and I thought of going back to the old times by bringing in the retro. It was a usual marriage ceremony with pheras in the morning and reception in the evening but I had decided upon playing with my look. Work being a constraint on my time, I decided to do it quickly and tactfully.

How did I get the look...

The wedding was just a week away. I went shopping and chose a latest saree in pink constructed in crepe and tissue with a thick peacock blue border. I am an hourglass,5 feet 2 and slim. I decided to play with my look by giving myself a nice normal length spaghetti backless blouse and pin together the pallu of the saree. Also, I showed a lot of skin by wearing my saree very low waist and discovered that my waist and belly are the envy of other girls.


My accessories are minimal with chunky earrings, bangles and a pink stone ring in silver. The draping of my saree didn't need any necklace. It made my posture look interesting and sexy.

The Retro Twist...
The beauty part was still left... I got my naturally straight hair curled and pulled them back in a pony tail with a clip. A silver tatoo on my back did the glam trick and I kept my make-up peachish pink to avoid clashing it with the bling of my saree and earrings.

- I applied a primer and concealer
- Then I set a base with a foundation a tone lighter to that of my skin
- I started covering my eye lids with a gold eye shadow for retro look. I applied a bronze lighter and mixed my gold eye shadow with copper that exactly went with the colours of my saree
- I applied a dark kohl line below my eyes and playfully applied a gold eye shadow below the kohl line
- A thick liquid eye liner was a must for the retro feel following with oodles of mascara on upper and lower eyelashes
- Set my eyebrows with mascara for them to set in shape
- I finished my look with a peach pink blush on my cheekbones and temples and a coral shade of lipstick with a translucent lip gloss
- Lastly, I applied a bit of shimmer on my hands and back







Moreover, I enjoyed the attention than the wedding reception. It was O la la...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just looking simply super hot Vidhi, and you just caused a small fire on my PC monitor!!

    ReplyDelete